LR - Loch Ruadh children (Was Spring Faire A&S)

Pookie Pookie-W at home.com
Tue May 16 11:56:00 PDT 2000

> Vivat all around for a rising young gentleman from Loch Ruadh, and all the
> others youngsters who contributed their time to the kingdom as
waterbearers,
> servers and well behaved youngsters (we even had young ladies stay all the
> way through a very long court, congratulations Pookie!!! and a vivat for
your
> daughter's archery award)

I cannot take total credit for the girls, remember Connal (Rob) had alot to
do in this too! :)  Though I do have to admit I was a tad nervous about us
being on the front row during court. The girls suprised me with thier
limited fidgeting, though they did ask ALOT of questions. (Mommy, why is
that person crying?  Mommy, who is that guy with the funny hat? Look Mom!
That guy is wearing a dress!  etc etc) I was very proud of DeAundra placing
2nd in childrens archery and her behaviour in coming up into court to
recieve her largess. Considering that this was DeAundra and Miranda's first
event to camp and be at in its entirity (Tannith has been a a few events
over the years) I was very proud of them all.

This event has sparked intrest in all three of them. And interestingly
enough in diffrent things! It will be interesting to see how they grow in
the SCA.(So far its: Miranda (the youngest) wants to sing and do leather
working, Tannith (middle kiddo) want to also to leather working and play her
recorder (Two budding bards?) and DeAundra want's to hone her archery skills
and learn to sew better. hmmm   bards and A&S....  not to bad!)

Add Carrolls boys and that gives us another A&S and light weapons and
archery (Cormick? Curtis, competed with the adults in archery and held his
own!).  As well as brewing (both boys, and their rootbeer!)

Loch Ruadh is going to be a Canton to continue to contend with as our
children grow up!

Proud Mom,
MagD'Leigha