LR - Tales of Adventure

Tim Cantley yukon at teamunix.net
Mon May 29 14:42:57 PDT 2000

Dunstan,

	Other than you being missed, as well as Padraig, Amber and Polydore, amongst many others, I for one had a pretty good time.  My lady Francesca and my two children, Kara and Eric were all absent as well but knowing how they all weather storms, it was probably best they weren't there for Saturday night's storm.  Our camp was not damaged but some of us got some water inside our tents but only enough to make sleeping that night a "little" uncomfortable.  I shot in the Royal Huntsman archery tournament which was also an IKAC tournament, being my first IKAC tournament.  I shot a score of 70 which is not that good but considering it is my third archery tournament I've ever shot in, not too bad.  Lord Fearghus won the tournament with a score of 176, with second and third place a tie at 130.  I believe out of 25 competing archers, I came in the top 10 with my score.  I can see the need for some archery practices over this summer and fall so Loch Ruadh can have a good showing next year for the second Royal Huntsman.  Because of the weather and the absence of our house bard, most of us turned in early Saturday night although of those camping in our encampment, I was the last to go to bed (about 3:00 a.m.)  I left yesterday since most of us were coming home a day early and spent the afternoon with my daughter.

Laird Sean of Argyll
Loch Ruadh Archery Marshal