LR - Loch Ruadh Company

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed May 31 17:37:50 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the Populace

Below is the proposed Charter for the Loch Ruadh Company.  It is based on the Charter of the Arthurian Company, but tailored for our Canton.  Please read it carefully and comment if you feel that any changes are necessary.

In order to make this Company a reality, it must have a Commander.  If you wish to present yourself as a candidate for Commander, please privately email or otherwise contact me concerning your willingness to serve, and your qualifications for holding this position.  The Commander will be chosen by a Populace vote from among all qualified candidates.

The name "Loch Ruadh Company" is not set in stone, but merely a working name until we can vote on one that a majority likes.  Please make your suggestions for a name known so that we can make a choice in the near future.  (Some names were suggested last year when we initially discussed forming the company, but I do not recall immediately what they were.)

Let's plan to discuss this further at Populace Meeting next week, Wednesday, 7 June.

In Service,
Padraig

Proposed Charter of the Loch Ruadh Company

The Canton of Loch Ruadh, having been charged by Their Majesties Ansteorra and Their Excellencies Elfsea with both the safe keeping of their Barony of Elfsea and the provision of troops for Ansteorra’s defense, do by this charter establish a Canton levy of an elite company of warriors, to be known as the Loch Ruadh Company. This Company, by virtue of the training and dedication of its members and the wisdom of its leaders shall become a respected and feared fighting unit in Ansteorra and the knowne world.

To make the Loch Ruadh Company accessible to all who would join, the Company shall consist of two squads:  the Home Guard and the War Guard.  The Home Guard shall consist of those who are unable to attend the annual Gulf Wars, and the War Guard shall consist of those who can commit to attending Gulf Wars.  All those who would join the Loch Ruadh Company, having been found worthy by the Commander, shall swear an oath to faithfully attend each muster of the Company, to represent the Company with honor and chivalry at all times, to maintain their weapons and equipment in readiness, and if Home Guard, to attend all Ansteorran melee events, or if War Guard, in addition to attend the Gulf Wars where we will instruct our friends from Trimaris in the ways of battle.  The Company shall be disbanded each year at Elfsea Spring Faire.  A new Commander will be chosen by the Populace, and oaths will be taken for the coming year at Lughnasad or some other agreed upon event.

The Company is charged with learning all Ansteorran war tactics and commands, preparing Kingdom and Baronial maneuvers for use in battle, teaching these tactics to others in the Elfsea baronial levy, and to offer its service as an allied unit to Elfsea’s Arthurian Company.

This is so declared by the Populace of the Canton of Loch Ruadh.