LR - Loch Ruadh Company

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed May 17 18:49:48 PDT 2000

Polydore said -

> I don't think we ever actually came up with a name for the company, either. Just something else to think about.

Polydore is right.  We've just referred to it as the Loch Ruadh company.  Some names that have been suggested have been the Ruadh Guard, Ruadh Company, and the Ruadh Army - or just replace "Ruadh" with "Red" on any of them.  Using "Ruadh" reflects our Canton name, as well as being a play on words if pronounced "rude" instead of "roo", whereas using the English "red" makes it a bit less Irish-centric.  Yes, believe it or not, I do realize that not everyone in the Canton is Irish - poor, misborn souls that they are. <grin>

Any suggestions?  We can present all of the suggestions at June Populace Meeting, and vote on it at July's.

Nunc Est Bibendum