LR- Officers Meeting Canceled

Baron Rozell ack3 at airmail.net
Wed Nov 8 21:39:23 PST 2000

> I think that the general thrust of the chainmaille workshop has been
armor, but
> does anyone know if there are any signifcant differences between
chainmaille
> armor and chainmaille jewelry, other than the obvious scale of the
materials?

yes, there are a different set of weave patterns for jewelry... i.e.. box
weave, the birdcage weave, spiral weave, and a full and half Persian weave.
unless you're making belts or bracelets. Then you would probably use the
standard 4 in 1 weave using steel for the main body of the piece and brass,
copper, or gold for trim.

Ld. Conor na Mara, Esq.
Loch Ruadh
ack3 at airmail.net
Paper clips are the larval form of coat hangers