LR- A Question All...

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Sep 25 10:43:26 PDT 2000

>I was wondering if anyone might have any information on plans for building a
>viking longboat. Or even where i might find some information like that on
>the web?  I have a friend who wants to try to build a replica, but doesn't
>have the layouts...
>
>Liberty

Liberty,

Try these for a start:

Scientific American – The Viking Longship
http://www.sciam.com/1998/0298issue/0298hale.html

The Longship Company
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~eowyn/Longship

The Viking Ship Project
http://www.carlsberg.com/info/viking.html

Also, a couple of years back, we built a miniature longship (about 8' long, as I remember) for a Viking funeral for a Viking brother who had passed to Valhalla.

Anna, Seward, as the ship was constructed at your house, do you have any info that might be if use here?