LR- Sew like there's no tommorow!

Rhonda New rbnew at ftw.nrcs.usda.gov
Fri Sep 15 07:02:55 PDT 2000

Wow!  And I bet your parents are wondering what got
into you that you're out there clearing the "back 40" !!

I have 25 pennants done, can get another 25 done next
week (maybe more). They are very easy to make.
And they will just slip right over the end of the pole.
As far as holding the poles up... hmm, how about pieces
of rebar pounded into the ground and slipping the pole
over the rebar? Anybody got rebar?  Maybe 1-1/2 to 2
feet long,

Pennant Instructions:
1. Cut in half, lengthwise, one yard of 45" wide fabric.
2. Cut each half diagonally, lengthwise, from corner
to corner.
3. Sew along the short side (back), up one long side and
down the other, stopping about 1-1/2 to 2" before the
end (where you started on the short side). Where the
fabric was originally folded, it does not need to be sewn.
4. Turn it inside out and press flat.
5. Then, sew a line from long side to long side, parallel
to the back seam - this makes a narrow pocket that will
slip over the end of a pole.

Thanks!
/Ly Elizabeth