LR- Another chance to do a good deed....

PBW pookie2 at airmail.net
Thu Apr 5 20:20:45 PDT 2001

Well, for those who didnt make populace meeting last night I am once again
calling upon my friends and SCA family to assist me in making a diffrence in
someones life. On Feb. 24th several of our populace gathered together and
moved furniture for one of my mundane patients. (Since she is now our friend
I can tell her name online, Jackie Danford.) This allowed Jackie to be in a
safer environment as well as allowing her to be able to visit with her
husband who was also ill. That monday night was the first night Jackie and
her husband had been able to sit together face to face and converse and have
dinner. While she is totaly bedridden he was, at that time, able to be up in
a wheelchair and in her new room he could visit her. They also got to
celebrate thier 48th wedding aniversary together 2 weeks ago.
Unfortuniatly, Jackie's husband passed away this past weekend. His funeral
was today. She has her family in and so this week she has had family support
to assist her through this tough time. But life goes on and her family will
be returing to thier homes and jobs. I feel that this loss will hit her this
weekend when all the "hub-bub" has died down.
Since she is bedridden she cannot cook obviously. Her son, who is also
physicaly challenged, is her sole caregiver (he took care of both of his
parents. This man is pretty remarkable.)and is also grieving the death of
his father.
They both enjoyed when we came over to move the furniture and keep talking
about out singing and how nice everyone was (dont we have them fooled?
hehehe) and when are we coming back. At populace we agreed we will go back
this sunday. This time to visit and just be there for them. I think it would
be nice to take some foods that can be "heat and eat" and put them in those
disposiable containers (I think thier "glad"?) so that no one has to worry
about getting thier pans back. Jackie like most of us is fond of sweets so
desserts would be appreciated as well. The only thing I request is that on
making the foods we keep in mind Jackie is on a low salt diet. (Ok, shes my
friend but shes also my patient! Gotta keep her health in mind!).
The way we got over there last time seemed to work out pretty well so lets
do this again.

When:     Sunday April 8th
Time:     Meet at Noon (in garb if we can!)
Where:    Healix Health Services
          4108 Amon Carter Suite 204
          Fort Worth, 76155
          (northeast corner of the intersection of Trinity and
          Amon Carter)

Click here
http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&add
r=4108+Amon+Carter+Blvd+%23204&csz=Fort+Worth%2C+TX+76155&country=us&Get%A0M
ap=Get+Map  for an interactive map.

We will then caravan over to Jackies house. If you have questions gimme a
holler either via e-mail or phone. If on the morning of the wingding you get
lost or need better directions give me a call on my cell phone 817-975-1131.

MagD'Leigha