LR- Prizes for Lughnasadh

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Fri Apr 27 08:05:14 PDT 2001

Bonjour, mes amis!  Madelina de Lyndesaye, Prize Reeve for the festival of
Lughnasadh for the Canton of Loch Ruadh, doth send hearty greetings unto all
readers of this list.

I had intended to begin collections for Lughnasadh prizes at Spring Faire,
but will be unable to attend this weekend.  If anyone has a prize to donate,
he may leave it with my lord husband, Laird Seamus Donnacadh Loganaich an
gabhain, more commonly known as Logan the Smith.  He will be in attendance
at Springfaire with a table of his ironwork for sale.  I may even coerce him
to donate something to get things started.

For those of you who may not recognize him on sight, he is a large, bearded,
balding man (that narrows it down a bit, eh?).  What hair he does have left
is graying blond.  He is a highland Scot, but will be wearing tunics this
weekend, he said, because he's gotten too fat for his kilt.

Anyone who needs a prize for an activity at Lughnasadh, please send me a
wish list, along with your contact information, including mundane & SCA
names (& pronunciation, if it's really odd).

I am considering putting together a Loch Ruadh songbook with a tooled
leather cover, as a gift for the winner of the bardic competition at
Lughnasadh.  I would like to include songs that typify the Loch Ruadh
experience -- our best and our worst songs, if you will!  I will need a lot
of input from the Canton.  Please let me know what songs you think are the
best representations of our beloved Canton.

Amicalement,
Madelina
mka Jane Sitton-Logan
jane.sitton at radioshack.com (during the week)