LR- garb makers

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Tue Apr 17 14:44:32 PDT 2001

Weeeellll.....

My persona is Norman, circa 1220, but the only garb I have that I can still
fit into is your basic ren-fair type stuff -- a lace up bodice and skirt,
along with a highlander type shirt, a couple of t-tunics I borrow from my
husband, and I do wear my kilt ('twas my mother's, a hostess kilt) from time
to time.

I'd love to have a couple of plain chemises that could double as nighties,
maybe a "gates of hell" dress with an underdress to go with it, and I
certainly need some simple headgear.  What I really need to do is spend some
time with the costume books and figure out what type of garb matches my
persona.  I started out playing and working at Scarborough Faire when I was
much younger and slimmer, so naturally, I dressed like a wench.  When I
started working on my persona, I picked a name I liked and found a time
period it fit... the earliest known reference was around 1220.  So now I
need to get clothes to match the time period.

I prefer simple styles, not too fancy, as I still have young children with
sticky hands that come running to mommy for solace.

I'm willing to pay, but of course, we always have more iron than money, so
I'd be happy to trade iron (right now we have a few tripods, portable holes,
and blades in stock) instead.  Laird Loganaich is currently trying to get
the VA to repair his hernia, and can barely even lift our son, let alone a
hammer, but expects to have surgery sometime this spring or early summer.

He can make anything from iron that you can come up with, pretty much.  He
has made everything from needles and pins to a full set of parade armor,
chain mail and plate.  As soon as he is able to work again, he wants to make
himself a claymore and a full set of armor.  He's also been talking about
starting to do some casting.  He has most of the equipment he needs to cast,
just needs a place to set it all up.  He wants to make bells, of all things.
Must be the "an gabhain" at the end of his name causing that little itch....
(His full name is Laird Seamus Donnacadh Loganiach an gabhain.)

Why, do you sew????

Madelina the barely dressed