[Loch-ruadh] Lady Gabrielle deLuxton

PBW pookie2 at airmail.net
Fri Aug 3 21:04:36 PDT 2001

> Luckily, they forgot to plug in the pneumatic leg
>squeezer thingy (Pookie, what is that thing really called?) rather than
>her morphine pump.

Those squeezy thingies are one of two things: If thier the clear plastic
looking ones with blue hoses they are sequential compression stockings
(dunno know why they call 'em stockings, nothing sexy about them!). If they
are the thin blue velcro looking ones that hook up to the compression thingy
they are sometimes called  "compression boots" (It seems each hospital has a
diffrent name for that one) but they do the same thing. Either way they are
a pain in the patootie for patients but have a very real and actualy life
saving reason for thier use. They keep the legs from developing blood clots
thus preventing the potential for a stroke/heart attack from a thrown clot.
(a not to uncommon problem of being in one position for long periods of
time.) Once she gets up and walking they will take compression thingies off.

Glad she is doing better and on the mend.

Pook

She was pretty groggy when the doctor was there this morning, so she
still isn't particularly clear on what all the extra work was other than
to know that it was a three level job rather than just one.

She ate a tiny bit of lunch, but her roomie (semi private room; gotta
love insurance companies) got sick just then and that pretty much killed
her appetite. This evening, she craved and received Boston Market
macaroni & cheese and mashed potatoes, so she had a little more to eat.

There is no firm news about when she will be out, but I suspect probably
Monday at the earliest.

That's the news from Lake Wobegone...

Sluggy!