[Loch-ruadh] Today in history August 12

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Sat Aug 11 22:34:29 PDT 2001

3113BC Start of Mayan calendar.
1099 ASCALON I - Crusaders defeat Moslems.
1253 Death of St. Claire of Assisi.
1332 DUPPLIN - Edward Balliol defeats and kills Donald, Earl of Mar, the
Regent of Scotland.
1350 Death of Philip VI (France).
1450 Surrender of Cherbourg; end of English rule in Normandy.
1464 Death of John Capgrave. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03308b.htm
1484 Death of Pope Sixtus IV.
1508 Ponce de Leon arrives in Puerto Rico.
1515 Marriage of Christian II (Norway and Denmark) to Isabella.
1552 Emperor Charles V grants religious freedom in treaty of Passau.
1553 Michael Servetus arrested in Geneva.
http://www.uua.org/uuhs/duub/articles/michaelservetus.html
1591 Death of Dick, a cat, in Leith, Scotland. (Don't ask me I don't
know!!!)