[Loch-ruadh] Today in History August 14

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Mon Aug 13 22:43:27 PDT 2001

410 Alaric sacks Rome.  http://www.ghgcorp.com/shetler/oldimp/069.html
756 Abd al-Rahman arrives in Spain.
http://www.thenationofmoorish-americans.org/moorish.htm
1040 PITGAVNEY - Duncan I ( Scotland) killed by MacBeth.
1284 Execution of Majd al-Mulk. (I am unable to find any information on this
one.)
1291 Castle Pilgrim (Outremer) abandoned by the Templars; end of Crusader
presence in the Holy Land.
1385 ALJUBARROTTA - John ( Portugal) defeats John ( Castile).
1415 Henry V and his army lands in France, at about 6:30 AM.
1424 Scots take the English town of Verneuil by trickery.
1431 TAUSS - Taborite army defeats Fredrick, Margrave of Brandenburg, at
3:00 PM.
1447 The Meeting at Broletto Field re-establishes the commune in Florence.
1559 Tristan de Luna y Arellano enters Pensacola Bay, Florida.
http://stmichael.ptdiocese.org/parish.htm
1464 Pope Pius II dies at Ancona leading a crusade against the Turks.
1498 Columbus lands at the mouth of the Orinoco River, Venezuela.