[Loch-ruadh] Unfortunate circumstance

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Mon Aug 20 14:16:56 PDT 2001

Catlin wrote:

>Greetings unto the list, Lady Catlin here with a heavy heart as we were unable to attend the event this last weekend.  While at work this last Friday, I fractured my left rib cage. Moving was not something that I wanted to do much less pack, travel and camp for the weekend.  I am doing better now, but still in pain. I didn't break the rib thank goodness!!  I was very disappointed because my Lord Husband, Johann and I were sure looking forward to meeting all of you!  Well, don't give up on us yet!  It sounds like the event was wonderful even if it did rain. In Service to the Dream and the Reality, Lady Catlin

I'm sorry that you and Johann were not able to make it to Lughnasad, but I know that injuries to the ribs are no small matter.  A prayer of thanks that it was no worse than it was, and I hope that you mend quickly and completely.  And there is always next year's Lughnasad (and plenty of thing in between, too <grin>).

Wandering Bardic for September will be Friday, September 7, and I believe that our good friend Cian has offered to host it again.

As for upcoming events, Elfsea Defender will be 21-23 September.  You can get more info at http://www.elfsea.org/defender/   If you are in need of garb for an event, please contact the Hospitaler, Lady Bice, at bice.pietro at home.com - she is a very resourceful lady and can sweet-talk the tunic of someone's back if need be.  :)

Glad you're feeling better, and hope to see you soon.

Sent via the WebMail system at irishbard.com