[Loch-ruadh] Lughnasad Water Bearers

baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org baron at elfsea.ansteorra.org
Wed Aug 1 07:54:13 PDT 2001

Galen here...

Quoting Jane Sitton <jane.sitton at radioshack.com>:
<snip>
> As far as a dance guild goes, this is the first I
> have heard of it.  Are you interested in European
> dance or Middle Eastern?  I don't know if these are
> still active, but from the Elfsea website, I found
> the following information when I clicked on the link
> for "guilds and workshops":
>
> Dance - Middle Eastern Duchess Willow  817.794.0320
> Dance Guild - European Lord Phillip  817.472.5275

I don't believe that these are currently active
guilds.  I'll ask HL Tanwyn to review that.

> If you take into account the fact that our Barony has
> just finished holding three Kingdom level events in
> the course of what, 6 weeks or so, and add in
> all the fighter practices, meetings, etc., then add
> our Canton's fighter practices and meetings into the
> mix, then you can see how you might be hard
> pressed to find anyone who isn't too tired or has the
> time to add one more night for a dance guild meeting
> to their schedule.

Cait, I remember encouraging you in trying to get
together a dance group, I thought I also warned you
that it had been tried unsuccessfully at least twice
before, by Baroness Allessandra and HL Phillip.  But if
you want to continue your effort, I'd encourage you to
try to do it at the baronial level, where you have a
better shot at getting more people involved.

I'd love to spend an even a month dancing, but at
present, I'm doing good to get to a single fighter
practice a month.

<snip>

> I think most people are just waiting for the heat to
> break before they take on any new projects, anyway.
> And as you said, you have a new baby, and will
> be busy (and often sleepless!) because of that.  Try
> not to be discouraged, and spend whatever free time
> you can in studying about your topics of interest so
> that you will be well prepared to head up a guild
> when a better time presents itself.

<snip>

> Amicalement,
> Madelina