[Loch-ruadh] Lughnasad Water Bearers

Rhonda Hays RHays at pimout4-int.prodigy.net
Thu Aug 2 18:07:30 PDT 2001

Cait, we haven't met yet, at least I don't think that we have, but I
COMPLETELY understand the situation with all of the money going for baby.

When we first started out in the SCA, Caiolfhinn the Bratling was oh, let's
see, three weeks old and doing the demo at TRF.  I think my A&S topic for
them was a daity display of how to successfully breast feed while you are
listening to a bag pipe player.

It wasn't long after that that I heard those horrid words..."honey, I think
that I want to fight, heavy that is."  The budget simply wasn't there.  So,
we merchanted for two years almost, in order to get daddy's armor bought.  I
still see many of the pouches that Daire made to fund his armor hanging off
of belts here and there.  I lost count of the number of times someone asked
us if we were new.  We didn't get to go to many pop meetings, we made no
guilds.

But the Bratling got a bit older and we stopped buying formula and finally
she discovered the toilet.  And we were finally able to buy some of the
things (like gas and oil changes and a new tent) that got us to events.  We
finally were able to start playing  with the gusto that was always there,
just focused on baby.

So, be patient.  All will be well.  SCA time is really weird and before you
know it, your dear little one will be talking back to you in ways you never
thought possible.  And trust me, there will be plenty of last minute
volunteers to water bear...you see, I have volunteered my services as a
voice herald for the event.  Trust me, if you need water bearers, all you
need to do is but ask and only those in the privies might escape hearing me
calling for them.

In service,
Medb Liath