LR- Chance to Do a Good Deed (a bit long, but please read it all)

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Feb 21 13:36:17 PST 2001

At Officers Meeting last night, MagD'Leigha told us about about a person who needs some help.

Most of you know that MagD'Leigha is a nurse in mundane life; part of her job is caring for people in thier homes.  One of her patients has a condition that makes her unable to leave her bedroom; this lady's husband is dying of cancer and is unable to get to the bedroom to see her.  She has the opportunity to get a special bed that will allow her to move into what is presently a living room, and will allow her husband to spend his remaining time with her.  The Fire Department has already agreed to use their emergency services equipment and training to get her from the bedroom to the living room once it is ready.

The Problem:  Furniture in the living room must be moved/rearranged so that the special bed can be put in there.  There is no one available/willing to do this (MagD'Leigha's employer cannot do it because of legal considerations).  MagD'Leigha asked if some of us would be willing to donate an hour of our time and our strong backs to do this task.  Several of us at Officers Meeting have already agreed to help, and we will gladly accept more assistance from anyone who is willing.  We are also going to try to put in a phone jack so that the lady can have access to the phone.  MagD'Leigha is contacting the lady's cable company to see if they will move her up on their work list so that she can have her cable line moved to the new room, as the television is her only form of entertainment.

If you are interested in helping out, we will meet at MagD'Leigha's office on Saturday morning and go to the lady's house from there.  MagD'Leigha has suggested that we consider doing this in garb, as she is sure that the lady would enjoy seeing us that way.

When:     9:00am Saturday, 24 February
Where:    Healix
          4108 Amon Carter Suite 204
          Fort Worth, 76155
          (southeast corner of the intersection of Trinity and
          Amon Carter)

Click here  http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?BFCat=&Pyt=Tmap&newFL=Use+Address+Below&addr=4108+Amon+Carter+Blvd+%23204&csz=Fort+Worth%2C+TX+76155&country=us&Get%A0Map=Get+Map  for an interactive map.

If you get lost or need to contact MagD'Leigha that morning, call her cell phone, 817-975-1131.

If you are interested in helping, please let me know what you think about the idea of doing this in garb.  I am willing to wear garb for this and will go along with the majority.

In Service,