LR- Chance to Do a Good Deed (a bit long, but please read it all)

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Thu Feb 22 14:23:31 PST 2001

Pookie wrote:

>Just to let folks know. When I told the lady (I cannot post her name here as
>it would be a breech of patient confidentiality) that Loch Ruadh (and
>friends?) were coming to move the furniture she was so excited! Seems before
>she got ill she always made the RenFaires and Festivals and such and thinks
>that having a bunch of "middle ages movers" is pretty nifty! (note, thats
>middles ages  NOT middle aged!)

I dunno, I feel pretty middle aged most of the time.  :)

<snip>

>The garb was actualy Lord Conall's idea; and I think it would be a hoot if
>folks did that. However, how practical is moving a couch (the biggest piece
>of furniture) in garb?

As Sluggy pointed out, it's certainly no more impractical than setting up pavilions, moving thrones, etcetera.  I say let's go for it.  If putting on our garb brings a bit of sunshine into this lady's day, I'm all for it.

>Thanks again! Loch Ruadh has really saved the day for someone who needs
>help. Call me if you have questions! See you saturday!
>
>MagD'Leigha

Looking forward to it!