LR- Sat am???

PBW Pookie2 at airmail.net
Mon Feb 26 18:22:10 PST 2001

Ok I am back up and running again! With a upgraded computer too! YEAH!

Saturday went great. Had Padraig, Conall,  Dunstan, Caroll, and Bjorn make
it to help in the task. Everyone (including me) went in garb. The patient
(OK her name is Jackie. I have permission now to use her first name since we
helped her!) loved it. We got the front room cleaned out and the furniture
moved and all ready for her to get set up, the guys managed to do this is
about in hour and this was with ooggling of the antiques. Not any oop's that
I am aware of, unless you consider Bjorn's having trouble standing an oop's
even though that was rements from the night before. After we got her new
room cleaned and ready for the bed delivery later that day we all went in
and seranaded her with song. Including (per her request!) a couple of bawdy
tunes to her delight.

Jackie wants to know when everyone can come out to see her again in her new
room. She wants to get dressed up in her "bawdy wench" costume and sing with
us. :) (I think we just may have to adopt her!)

Today I went back over (this time in the capacity of being the nursing
supervisor) and assisted the fire department in getting her moved into her
new room. She now has a few days ahead of her getting her son and other's
re-decorating the room for her.

There are no words to describe to folks what this acomplishement means to
not only me but to Jackie as well. For the first time in a year her and her
husband can eat dinner together tonight.  She has more room to start working
with the physical therapist and she is setting some very excellent goals
both long and short term. These goals could not have remotly been acheived
in her old room due to space issues.

There have been pictures taken and while I cannot post them on the list I
will bring them to next populace for everyone to see.

Jackie and her family are grateful to the volunteers who helped make this
possiable. I thank everyone for helping me make this possiable. For me,
seeing her as she is now, with hope and looking toward the future, knowing
that she can spend the last few weeks/months she has with her husband (he
has cancer) being with him  and not just a voice down the hall makes what I
do very worth while. I may be the nurse and she's my patient but we could
not have done any of this without the help of you, Loch Ruadh.

In Humble Service,
MagD'Leigha

Why have I not heard either a glowing report or several funny stories of
the oops'es done on the Sat.am move?  Did it go on; did everyone wear garb;
was the lady overcome with awe, joy or just the oops'es?  As they say,
inquiring minds want to know.

Bicé