LR- Amber's Surgery

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Thu Feb 15 11:31:21 PST 2001

Sorry I haven't been on line sooner.

The surgeon said that Amber's surgery went perfectly, and that she should start noticing improvements as soon as she starts getting over the actual operation.

She went in about 1:30pm on Tuesday and was out about 4:30pm; for some reason the hospital was overcrowded, and she didn't get moved from recovery into an actual room until after midnight.  Lorraine, Paul and I didn't get home til about 1:30am after visiting her in the room for a short time.

The doctor released her at 10:30am yesterday.  As I'm sure everyone who has had surgery is familiar with, she can't seem to get comfortable, and has rested only in catnaps (me, too).  I picked up some muscle relaxers at the pharmacy a couple of hours ago, and between those and the painkillers, she seems to be resting a bit better now.  I hope she can get some real sleep to help her get on the mend.

She should be good as new (or maybe even better!) by the time Gulf Wars rolls around.  We're still planning on going.

Padraig
Nunc Est Bibendum
Politicians prefer unarmed peasants.