[Loch-ruadh] Today in History July 3rd

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 3 14:08:45 PDT 2001

Born on this date:

 1423: Louis XI, King of France

 1567: Samuel de Champlain

On this date:

 0683: Death of St. Leo II, Pope

 0987: Coronation of Hugh Capet as King of France

1187 The army of Outremer marches towards Tiberias

1190 The armies of Richard I of England and Philip II of France finally join
for the 3rd Crusade

1298 Edward I, King of England, crosses the Tweed at Coldstream

1423 Birth of Louis XI, King of France

1518 A drunken soldier strikes an image of the Virgin Mary, in La Rue aux
Ours, Paris, and the image bleeds; The soldier was burned for sacrilege

 1298: Edward I, King of England, crosses the Tweed at Coldstream

 1518: A drunken soldier strikes an image of the Virgin Mary, in La Rue aux
Ours, Paris, and the image bleeds. The soldier was burned for sacrilege

 1608: French explorer Samuel de Champlain founded the Canadian town of
Quebec.