[Loch-ruadh] St. Lupus

PBW pookie2 at airmail.net
Tue Jul 24 11:45:11 PDT 2001

I can partly answer your question. The disease, Lupus, is named such because
Lupus is latin for "wolf". When the disease was first "discovered" is was
given this name becuase the signs and symptoms can vary greatly rarely
effecting two people the same. The Doctors who made this discovery decided
the disease acted like a wolf in that it never did the same thing twice.
There are also 2 forms of the disease lupus, guess the doctors had a bit of
a sense of humor as they akin the 2 disease processes to being like a dog is
to a wolf, thier both canines but behave diffrently. There is Systemic lupus
which effects the entire body (guess this is the wolf?) and then there is
discoid lupus which only effects the skin (guess this would be the dog?).

More than you ever wanted to know I am sure!

I wonder if St. Lupus was named for a wolf? Or if he was wiley was a wolf?
Does make you wonder.

MagD'Leigha
Who has delt with systemic Lupus for over 10 years.

Hmm... Saint LUPUS??  What's next, Saint Typhoid?  Pope Carbuncle?
Archbishop Dermatitis?  I wonder if the disease lupus is named for him?
Hmm... sounds like a research project, to go along with finding out who the
le Mazon boy really was.... More as I learn it.

Madelina