[Loch-ruadh] tragedy!

Adam Harrison concrete_donkey at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 25 19:27:04 PDT 2001

Well, remember how I arrived safely last night?  That
didn't last.

I went biking today and managed to face plant myself
into the trail(which had a high concentration of
gravel) thereupon knocking half of a tooth out,
lacerating my upper lip in two spots, and scraping
about 7 or so large spots of my body.  grr.

I also managed to destroy my watch and the UV filter
on my camera, which happens to be a Canon AE-1, which
can't be purchased anymore and parts are becoming
increasingly hard to find.  grr again.  Not that it
matters, but the shirt I was wearing at the time
became an emergency compress, so it's scrap too.

I have been to the ER of the medical clinic here and
my lip is stitched up.  I also just got out of the
dentist's office and my tooth has been temporarily
taken care of.  My lip is swollen and I probably won't
be kissing anyone any time soon :-( and my jaw is
bruised, which knocks me out of heavy fighting for at
least a month and could make diving impossible for
awhile depending on how the mouthpiece on my regulator
feels.  grr.

Luckily there was no other damage to speak of.  No
broken bones or anything, which is definitely a good
thing.

I don't think this will impair my ability to be Fian
Ruadh commander, however it may depending on how my
jaw heals and if I need to wear an atheletic
mouthpiece during fighting.  If that's the case, I may
not be able to yell commands loud enough for everyone
to hear.  I don't think that will be the case, but I
won't really know till around Elfsea Defender.

-Bjorn