[Loch-ruadh] Lughnasad prizes

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Mon Jul 30 12:15:43 PDT 2001

Greetings unto the list!

Lughnasad is drawing nigh... we have two weekends left before our much
anticipated event.  And some of the co-ordinators for the competitions are
still in need of prizes.  To wit:

We need some small tokens of some sort to give to every child who enters the
archery, bardic, and A&S competitions.  If you don't have anything to give,
cash donations will be accepted to defray the cost of purchasing something.
If you cannot afford that, ideas or time to make something are also
welcomed.

Also, we need items, cash to buy items, ideas, or manpower to fashion some
items as appreciation tokens for waterbearers and chirurgeons.

Nothing is too small or insignificant.  A few ribbons, a dollar or two, or
30 minutes of your time are all helpful.

I would also like to request some generous souls to donate some fabric
and/or trim, books of general interest, or music CDs of general interest.
As little as a couple of yards of cloth would be enough for a child's
garment.  Even gift certificates to Half Price Books, Barnes & Noble, etc.
would be highly valued.

In addition, if someone has baskets they could donate to be used in the gift
presentations, the populace of Loch Ruadh would be ever so grateful.  From
what I hear, last year's prizes were highly acclaimed.  I hope this year's
will rival or even surpass them.  Much word fame will come to those generous
gentles who honor Loch Ruadh and her Barony, Elfsea, by their gracious
donations.

If anyone attends Steppes Artisan and feels generous, please visit the
merchants there and purchase something for a prize for Lughnasad.  I will
try to attend this as well, but am not sure yet if I will be able to make
it.

Donations may be given to me at Loch Ruadh's Populace meeting this Wednesday
at Perotti's Pizza on Alta Mesa, at the Wandering Bardic (at a site to be
announced soon, I hope) this Friday, and perhaps at Fighter Practice this
coming Thursday, if I can make it there.  Otherwise, I will gladly accept
prizes at the Lughnasad site, or you might be able to arrange something with
the event stewards, Lord Padraig and Baroness Dana.

Thank you all to everyone who has helped so far, has promised help, or who
plans to help soon.

In service,
Madelina de Lyndesaye
Lughnasad Prize Reeve