[Loch-ruadh] For the armor wearing types

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Tue Jul 10 14:30:21 PDT 2001

Weylyn and Brenna MacAllister wrote:

> I as well would like to request a set of these. Also, clarification from the
> experienced fighters, if one wears full gauntlets for heavy fighting, does
> that same person still need to use a basket hilt on their swords?

According to what I'm reading, though you don't need a basket hilt with
gauntlets, some form of integral hand protection is atill required, such
as a quillion or tsuba. It doesn't appear that you can have just a
stick.

For the semi-final word, check the weapon standards at
http://lonestar.texas.net/~catsden/PartHbk/PART-HBK-SEC3.htm#II. WEAPONS
STANDARDS

That URL probably won't work in an email, so you might need this one
instead:

http://lonestar.texas.net/~catsden/PartHbk/PART-HBK-SEC3.htm and read
the specifics...

Sluggy!