[Loch-ruadh] Fw: Dont buy the book

Lord Alasdair MacIain lordalasdair at home.com
Fri Jun 1 19:22:35 PDT 2001

From: Mike Myers
To: lordalasdair at home.com
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 9:20 PM
Subject: Fw: Dont buy the book

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 11:54 AM
Subject: Fwd: Dont buy the book

In a message dated 05/29/2001 09:55:52 AM Mountain Daylight Time, LHill2620
writes:

  I apologize for the few words of profanity in this story.  These are not my
  own words, I just feel that the message needs to be passed along.

  The following is from a person who helped at this time of tragedy and
  trial...........

  Dear Friends:

  I will not forward the excerpt from the book that has been written by
  two
  reporters and a couple of shrinks about Tim McVeigh.

  It was sent to me by someone I respect, and I have checked it out to be
  sure that the quote was accurate.  And, it was.

  I fully expected to read this book.  I wanted to know a lot of things.
  And, I believe that the book is an accurate account of what Tim McVeigh
  has said.  I wanted to know why he picked Oklahoma City.  I wanted to
  know
  if he implicated anyone else.  I wanted to know if he took
  responsibility.

  But, I won't read the book.  After reading the excerpt I know that it
  doesn't matter.  It won't change a thing.

  I have to address this.  So, buckle up, because here goes.  And, before
  start this tirade, I want to say that what follows I know to be fact
  because I saw it.

  My husband sat up a tent across the street from the building, right next

  to Little Caesar's pizza, who also sat up a tent and made pizza's on the

  spot.  Jim's company donated all the coffee and tea and equipment, and
  we
  funneled the water and cokes and other supplies that were donated
  through
  that little blue tent and to the rescuers, and the workers.   So, we saw

  what happened, and we know.  My husband, whose heart is so soft he
  swerves
  to miss a turtle on the highway, stood in that carnage, unflinching, on
  knee the size of a basketball and did everything he could.  This, to me,

  is the measure of a man.

  Tim McVeigh says, and this is the only quote from the man you'll get
  from
  me, "It was my choice and my control to hit that building when it was
  full.....I understand what they felt in Oklahoma City.  I have no
  sympathy
  for them."

  First of all, I don't think Tim McVeigh feels at all, and second, no one

  in Oklahoma City asked for any sympathy of any kind.   Least of all Tim
  McVeigh's.

  While he was cowering away from the scene, with ear plugs in his ears,
  the
  people of my town were running toward the mess he had created.  There
  were
  not just 168 bodies to be recovered.  There were almost 1000 injured
  people to be triaged and helped.  That was done.  And, it was done with
  speed and an accuracy that stunned the people who came later to help us.

  Our construction companies had cranes in place within the first hour.
  [and
  I might add, from MY own experience: that utility companies, private
  contractors, other cities sent equipment that poured north on Walker
  Street to the Murrah building for what seemed like hours--I watched. SS]

  Our hardware companies turned their shelves over to the effort.  Vets
  came
  to help with the rescue animals.  Doctors came and worked along side
  construction workers and lay people.  Engineers kept that wreck standing

  until all but three bodies were recovered.  And no  matter what the
  conspiracy people say, that was a damned miracle.  When the wind blew,
  even a little, that building swayed and groaned so loud it was audible
  for
  blocks.

  When other States sent rescue units to help us, my town fed them,
  clothed
  them, held their heads when they vomited at the carnage and comforted
  them
  when they cried.

  Being close to that building wasn't easy during those 19 days.  It was
  bloody, it stank, and it was dangerous.  And, in spite of this, we had
  trouble getting people to stand down and take a rest.

  Thank you, New York Urban, and Phoenix, and Fairfax, and Dade County,
  and
  Denver, and Everyone else who came.  You showed up on our door step like
  good neighbor, with your equipment, and tears in your eyes, and we will
  forever be in your debt.  You are heroes to the person, and always in my

  prayers.  Saint Michael's heart beats in you all.

  Buildings around the site stood wide open.  Their foundations sprung to
  the extent that their doors wouldn't lock.  But, locking the doors
  wouldn't have mattered anyway, since the windows were all gone.  There
  was
  not one incident of looting.  Not one.

  And, Joe Q. American did everything else.  By midnight, that first day,
  we
  had an ample supply of blood for all.  I saw people lined up around the
  Oklahoma Blood institute.  Hundreds of people lined up, waiting for
  hours,
  to donate their blood.  Business men in suits talked casually to
  homeless
  people who felt the blast and came.

  And, the rescuers didn't just exist on dry sandwiches.  Oh no. Little
  Caesar's, and the Outback, and Subway, and local Barbecue and Steak
  houses, and Hooter's, and Taco Bell, and Sonic, and other's too numerous

  to mention, some from Texas and Kansas fed everyone well.  And for free.

  And this wasn't easy.  Food had to labeled as to date, origin, and time
  of
  arrival, and kept clean and cold in a very inhospitable environment.
  And,
  this was done.  Everyone at the site was sick, but it was never because
  of
  the food.

  And, by the way, this was all done with a finesse that preserved ample
  evidence to get Tim McVeigh's sorry ass strapped to a gurney and taken
  care of.  That coward won't kill anyone else's babies.

  While we tended to the needs of the rescuers, the FBI, the ATF, FEMA,
  and
  the Oklahoma City Police Department worked around us, and under our
  feet,
  sometimes with tweezers, and plastic bags, picking up minute pieces of
  the
  barrels that held the explosives, and pieces as big as the axle of the
  Ryder Rental truck.  They were professionals all, and sensitive to our
  feelings.

  When the authors wanted to donate a portion of the proceeds from the
  book
  to our Memorial, the Memorial committee quietly said "no thank you."   I

  am so glad, and so proud of them.  No sympathy, or no money needed here.

  We'll handle it, thank you.

  Don't buy the book.  Send the $20. to the Memorial, or to the Red Cross,

  or to the Education fund for the children of the victims, or to the
  Oklahoma City Fire Department, or the  Phoenix Fire Department, or Dade
  County, or to Feed the Children.

  This is not about Tim McVeigh.  It's about the human spirit.  And, it's
  here, and it thrives, and it asks no sympathy.

  Love to All, Donna Prather

  I hope that Tuesday when Tim McVeighs Book hit the newsstands that NO
  ONE
  WILL BUY THIS BOOK.  This man is being given too much publicity and
  shows
  NO REMORSE for the Horrible Crime that he committed.  He has admitted he

  is guilty.  He refers to the Precious 19 children he murdered as
  "collateral Damage" and his only regret is that "their deaths  proved to

  be a public relations nightmare that undercut his cause"... OF ALL THE
  GALL!!!!

  The pictures of these children and the adults will always be in our
  minds...168 innocent people died that day.  This man murdered them.
  Please
  do not make him some sort of hero.  He wants part of the proceeds to go
  the Oklahoma City Memorial ...  the OKC MEMORIAL Declines the
  money......Send the Money to the Memorial ......but PLEASE DO NOT BUY
  THIS

  Thank you....  and remember the precious children, so innocent....Please

  pass this on to everyone you know, so this monster does not get any more

  publicity, that is all he wants is the publicity.

  Paul Hinchey, Captain Guymon Fire Dept.
  Guymon,OK