[Loch-ruadh] Lughnasad Prizes - Update

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Wed Jun 13 14:02:09 PDT 2001

Greetings unto the list from Madelina de Lyndesaye, the markedly less grumpy
prize reeve for Lughnasad!

I am markedly less grumpy today than I was yesterday, since I have been
contacted by various good gentles (some of whom are running contests at
Lughnasad) with their promises of donations for prizes.

Here is an updated list of the prizes which have been donated or promised:

2 short green goblets with brown Celtic crosses - Domhnall O'Ruairc

2 leather pouches (one large, one small), rose quartz beads (with holes for
stringing), fossil (trilobite?) - Lady Medb Liath

1 quart of raw, unpasturized honey - Madelina de Lyndesaye

songbook with tooled leather cover for adult bardic - Madelina de Lyndesaye
with much guidance from Laird Loganaich

something iron (he's still trying to decide what - I'm lobbying for a
tripod) - Laird Seamus Donnacadh Loganaich an gabhain

Golden Arrow of Loch Ruadh - Lord Polydore Pike and Lord Padraig Ruad
O'Maolagain, commissioned by Lady MagD'Leigha Mac An Ghabhann

quiver for Golden Arrow - Lady Elizabeth (Hawkwood??), commissioned by Lady
MagD'Leigha Mac An Ghabhann

leather armguard/finger tab - Lady Elizabeth, commissioned by Lady
MagD'Leigha Mac An Ghabhann

child's armguard/finger tab with the Loch Ruadh badge painted on it -
commissioned by Lady MagD'Leigha Mac An Ghabhann (she didn't say who is
making it -- may I assume it is Lady Elizabeth ?)

child's misc largess in a velvet pouch for children's archery - Lady
MagD'Leigha Mac An Ghabhann

water balls for Donnybrook - Lord Dunstan aet Sancte Petroces Stow

buckler for rapier - Laird Caerell MacDomnaill

music box for children's bardic - Kara (last name unknown to me)

wooden boxes with beer or wine bottles for brewing/vinting winners - Lord
Polydore Pike (and Lord Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain?? I deleted Polydore's
email, and don't recall if it was a joint effort)

blank book for adult bardic - Baron Galen of Bristol

Am I missing anything?  Butchering anyone's name?  What other prizes do we
still need?  Does anyone have a complete list of all the competitions to be
held at Lughnasad?

Many thanks to all,

Madelina de Lyndesaye
prize reeve for Lughnasad