LR- Gulf War Report - Day Two

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Mar 14 07:35:47 PST 2001

Greetings from Meridies!

Tuesday dawned bright and breezy, and turned into a fine, warm day.  The land at King’s Arrow Ranch drained and dried quickly from the rains of Sunday and Monday, making it much more pleasant to move about on the site.  People continue to arrive, and the site is filling up rapidly.  More thought seems to have gone into the traffic patterns and the instructions given to security this year, for it is a little easier to get a vehicle in and out of the camping areas than in years past.

After spending much time chasing down the people who were supposed to help, we finally got the parachute pavilion put upun the center of our camp.  It makes an excellent common space, as always, although the assembly process itself was like something from the Three Stooges.

Polydore, despite his intentions of arrving and setting up in daylight, finally pulled into camp about 8pm.  We helped him unload and set up the BFVT, almost taking out a low-slung power cable in the process.  Amber and I then went on a tour of the merchansts to see who was still open – a suprising number were, even that late at night.  Wednesday is Midnight Madness – and of course rain is again predicted for late Wednesday.  But then it is supposed to be good weather for the remainder of the week.  We returned to camp and had a mini-party, with much singing and drinking.

We’re going to attempt to get out and about more on Wednesday so that I’ll have more to report in my next missive.  Wish you all were here.

In Service,