LR- Gulf War Report - Day Three

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Mar 14 22:08:14 PST 2001

Greetings from Meridies!

While yesterday was warm and sunny, today started off cool and cloudy, and got worse from there.  Despite a short period of scattered sunshine, we experienced more rain during the day, and a great deal of it after night fell.

Today was shopping day for many of us, and this evening was Midnight Madness on Merchant Row.  Despite the rain, business was brisk and many folk were out strolling the avenues looking for bargains.

Axemoor fed us well once again, with Jambalaya and a delicious Oriental salad.  One of the folks scheduled to do a supper had a personal emergency and could not make it to War, so we are going to substitute the lunch of fried turkeys that we were going to make so that no one will miss a supper.  :)

Wiley showed up in the morning, and Dunstan and Bear arrived in the late afternoon, so we are still all present and accounted for so far.  They managed to get set up in between showers.

After perusing Merchants Row, seceral of us gathered under the parachute and sang, drank and tried to stay warm.  Amber got some good pictures of the gathering and those performing.  We'll make those available to everyone as soon as possible after we return home.

The rain has stopped for the moment, and the forecast for tomorrow is good, so hopefully everyone will get dried out in the morning.

More to follow tomorrow.  Miss you all and wish you were here.