LR- Gulf War Report - Day Five

Padraig Ruad padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Fri Mar 16 23:11:08 PST 2001

Greetings from Meridies!

Another fine, sunny day at the War.  Bjorn and friend arrived at about 3am, but Polydore says they were so quiet that he was asleep again before they had finished moving into his tent.  They were both up and moving before I got into camp to draft help to put up the Canton pavilion at the field.  Vigolf, Conor, Dunstan and Polydore helped out, and we got the pavilion set up next to the Baronial pavilion (and coincidentally right next to some privies - make of that what you will) in time to go get armored up for the field battles.  Conor and I again fought with the spears, and managed to take out quite a few Trimarians, but dspite our valiant efforts, even with the addition of Bjorn and his glaive, Ansteorra lost the day, two battles to one.  This makes us more determined to take the fort battles on the morrow.

Asa and her daughters have been in the thick of everything, earning volunteer points for Loch Ruadh, and enjoying themselves immensely.  Dis (Victoria) was a waterbearer at the battles today, and made sure that Fian Ruadh had plenty to drink when we came off the field.

Again this evening we gathered and sang and drank (suprise, surprise!), sharing everyting from some very fine mead, to Apple Pie, to Swamp Gas, and many other libations.  I am still able to type, but it is a difficult prospect.  Tonight's misspellings and gramatical mistakes I will blame on the drink.

When the time came round to midnight, we offered a toast to Saint Patrick, whose day we celebrate, and when all good people become Irish, at least temporarily.

Tomorrow will be my last report from the War.  I hope to be able to describe to all of you in more detail our many adventures and experiences very soon, in person.

Wish you were all here with us.