[Loch-ruadh] Trebuchet project(long)

Sluggy! slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Mon May 7 22:20:54 PDT 2001

Adam Harrison wrote:

> We're looking for the largest weight per volume as to
> have the smallest size counterweight that's still
> extremely heavy.  The material that wins this contest
> is lead.

Maybe we can pop down to the chemist and obtain a bit of dubnium, which
is supposedly the heaviest metalic element that doesn't decay into
something else within a few milliseconds. A trebuchet using this as a
counterweight would be pretty expensive as it is manufactured by fusing
californium or berkelium with nitrogen, but the counterweight would be
20% heavier than a lead one the same size.

Ok, I'm going to bed now....

Sluggy!

--

  "Only try to realize the truth.... there is no spoon."