[Loch-ruadh] Fw: A&S Night- dates & info

S. McFarlane tanwyn at flash.net
Wed May 16 09:34:08 PDT 2001

From: S. McFarlane
To: elfsea at ansteorra.org
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 11:49 AM
Subject: A&S Night- dates & info

Greetings one and all,

A&S night is almost here for this month, and it has come to my attention
there was some confusion as to the date. Moot has been moved forward
this month to our regular meeting time, (this due to Warlord). So I have move A&S
workshop for this month forward a couple of days to - WED. MAY 23rd.
PLEASE PASS THE WORD, as this is not printed in the scroll.
This workshop is on Period Hairstyles and Braiding techniques, and will
be brought to us by our own, (in her own words)........
                Ly. Arabella the hairless   :o)

This will be at my home:
714 Greenleaf Dr.  Arlington, TX 76017.
817-465-5148, tanwyn at flash.net
please call or email me if you need directions.

*******************  Keep Reading  **************************   ;o)

Now here is the information I promised for the June A&S Night Workshop

This will be a ceramic workshop to make feast gear. This is graciously being
hosted by, Ly Katherine of Elfsea, & Ly Alexandrina, on Monday night June 18th. They are opening their
ceramics shop to "us", on their day off just for this workshop.  Yeah! Thank you Ladies!

I have a list of prices for some basic items that are what they refer to as contemporary's, this means they keep these items available in bisque form(pre-fire & ready to paint). We have selected some basic items we feel will work for feast gear, however....there are some pieces available in greenware (unfired) that I feel are better suited for what we are looking for.

Prices for Bisque(pre-fired) Feast items.....this includes all of your paints, brushes, clear coat, Food Safe glaze, & firing.
" * " - indicates best suited, in our opinions, out of the bisque ware.

 *  Goblet-$17.00 (water or wine)
    Pasta bowl - 8" diam. x 2 1/2" deep  $17.00
    Rice Bowl - 5 1/2" diam. x 3" deep  $16.00
*  Coupe bowl - 6" diam. x 3" deep $18.00
*  Dinner plate - 10" daim. $21.00
        qty. 6-11    $17.50
        qty. 12-up  $14.00
    Salad Plate - 8" diam.  $17.00
        qty. 6-11    $15.00
        qty. 12-up   $12.00

(The more of us that do the same style plates ... the price goes down.)

Now for the Greenware... I feel there are some really nice pieces over in this section, but these will have to be, personally picked out by YOU, and paid for, by the end of this month (at least 1/2 paid down).
Their shop is easy to find.... it's real close to fighter practice.

1626 W Randol Mill Road, Arlington, TX 76012. This is on the SW corner of Fielder & Randol Mill Rd. 817-276-9050
Please contact Ly Katherine(Katherine) or Ly Alexandrina(Sherry) To reserve your pieces.

IT is very important that you reserve your Bisque pieces by the end of this month,
this will ensure they will have enough pre-fired and ready to paint the night of the workshop.
If you would like to select from the Greenware, You must go in and pick out your piece in advance.

a few other notes on this.....

    Your device can be transfered to your feast gear, just have it drawn to scale. Computer print outs work nice or this.
    I do hope we will have a nice turn out for this, it looks to be fun and productive as well

July A&S night will be sponsored by Ly Sindara, on  period Beaded Embroidery and Lace.

Thank you for your support (and for reading this book), .... please remember to support our other guilds.

Yours in service,
HL Tanwyn Aniera~