[Loch-ruadh] tow a trailer for hire?

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Wed May 23 07:22:33 PDT 2001

Bonjour mes amis, cousins et cousines! Unto the list doth Madelina de
Lyndesaye send hearty greetings!

I find myself in a predicament: desiring to attend Steppes Warlord this
weekend, but unable to transport all my needed belongings without making
several trips.  My current method of conveyance (a compact Toyota) is unable
to carry my family and all our camping gear.  We do have a trailer, but the
small car is unable to tow such a weight.

Is there anyone journeying to Steppes Warlord who would be willing to haul a
modestly loaded trailer (it would carry our wooden Scandinavian tent frame,
a small bit of ironwork - lantern stand, tripod, etc., camp chairs, ice
chest, etc.) for a fee?  I would be happy to provide funds for gasoline that
the added weight would demand, also, I would pay you something for your
effort, and offer you hospitality at my table, where my lord husband, Laird
Loganaich, plans to serve smoked brisket, pot roast, and perhaps lemon &
honey roasted chicken, plus, all the Biohazard you can drink!

The trailer is 7' X 12', flat bed, and has a 2" hitch.  It has fully
functional lights that easily plug in.  Also, if you wished to haul anything
extra, it would easily fit.  The trailer is capable of carrying up to two
tons or so.

My home is located just one block west of I-35W, about 2 miles south of
I-20, not too far a detour if you're already taking I-20 towards Dallas.  We
are very close to Alcon, Holiday Inn, Miller Brewery, and Mrs. Baird's (but
on the opposite side of the highway).

Please let me know if you can help by Thursday afternoon at 4 p.m., as I
won't be checking my email after that time until Tuesday.  I plan on
arriving on site as early as possible Friday, with Logan staying behind to
help hitch the trailer, and ride with whoever hauls it.  Also, I would
prefer to stay on site through Monday.

I can be reached at:
817-551-7642 home
817-415-6026 work