[Loch-ruadh] Tavern at Defender

Chris Harper bice.pietro at home.com
Fri May 4 11:08:20 PDT 2001

At 08:00 AM 5/4/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Okay, you asked!!!
>
>Please email me your opinion on this and answer the
>following questions:
>
>1.  Should we run a drinks tavern at Defender?
      Depends on where it is held.

>2.  Should we do it alone or with one or both of the
>other groups?
        If we do it, it should be ours alone since we have all the stuff.

>3.  Should we do prepackaged drinks only, or also
>offer tea, lemonade and coffee?
     Again, it depends on where it is held because of the possibility of
not having water and electricity to make these things.

>3.  Should we offer any food/snack items?
>
>    If we do it should be fruit, cookies and/or muffins only.  Anything
> more requires to much work, equipment and more people at a time to run it.

I urge you to remember all the water we required for cleaning and washing
hands at the tavern in the past.  Even when the food handling rules don't
have to be followed, we still should ( and I hope would want to ) keep our
hands clean as possible.  I remember the counters, tables and spoons all
being sticky and having to be washed a lot.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket but,  if they use the Tanglewood site, I
can't see us walking to the parking lot, getting the car, driving around
the one way road to get the water, hauling it back and then returning the
car to the parking lot and walking back to camp every time we needed more
water.  Once would not be to bad, but can you imagine the number of
containers we would have to scrape up.

I think this decision should not be made until they announce the site.

I'll hush now and let those that can do this walking have the floor.

Bicé