[Loch-ruadh] Location for Lughnasad

Chris Harper bice.pietro at home.com
Sun May 6 20:34:03 PDT 2001

At 03:38 PM 5/6/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Greetings!
>
>Dana and I think we have found the location to hold
>Lughnasad.  We went to Glaslyn's Defender of the Flame
>event yesterday, held at Camp Burnett in South Lake,
>and it looks perfect.  You can check out the photos I
>took at
>http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/padraig_ruad2/lst?.dir=/Camp+Burnett&.view=t
>but they don't really do the place justice.

As one who was there also, I agree with you that the pictures don't do the
place justice.  The pyramid is much bigger than it looks (to me) in the
photo; about 30 ft or so between the legs, I think.  There are a lot of
trees but the undergrowth is gone so you can get up under them.  There are
also 3 cement pads that I saw; two fairly close to the children's area and
the list field.  Another thing was the cement lined drainage ditches all
along the road.  They were about a foot deep and just a good big step
across, but would carry off a lot of water.
It really looked great to me.

Bicé