[Loch-ruadh] Trebuchet Project

Sluggy slugmusk at linuxlegend.com
Wed May 9 06:58:08 PDT 2001

"Ciarlariello, Keith W" wrote:

> If you want a tire dealers wheel weights,
> why don't you just stop by the nearest tire dealer and ask him?
> The last time I did this, I got a whole 5 gal bucket free.

Cool, I will try to do this today at lunch... There are several nearby...

> He was happy :) for me to take it off of his hands for him.

Sadly, I have about a ton of lead-acid batteries here at the office slated for
discard, but I don't have a safe place to discard the acid. I'm sure we'll end
up having to pay someone to haul them off.

> Has anyone calculated how many pounds are needed for this project?

We're shooting for a total counterweight mass of about 500 pounds...

Sluggy!