[Loch-ruadh] Trebuchet Project

Ciarlariello, Keith W keith.w.ciarlariello at lmco.com
Wed May 9 07:48:03 PDT 2001

That acid in batteries (as I recall) is indeed sulfuric (H2SO4),
however it is polluted with other chemicals and not very useful for anything
else.
I would also NOT suggest attempting to reclaim the lead out of old
batteries.
It is a LOT of work (and dangerous) for very little gain.

The BEST chemical to clean rust off of iron and steel is Naval Jelly.
One only needs to brush it on the affected area, let it soak for a few
minutes, and then wash it off with plain water.
Your local auto parts store should sell it by the bottle.
There are drawbacks, however, to using this, and if anyone is interested I
will fill in the details.

Wilhelm