[Loch-ruadh] Trebuchet Project

Bill Osterheim Polydore at worldnet.att.net
Wed May 9 16:22:17 PDT 2001

Jane Sitton wrote:

> I called Logan at home to ask him about the acid in batteries, and he also
> said it was contaminated, and would be "too much sugar for a dime" to
> reclaim.  He said he wouldn't try to use the lead, either.  He said tin
> might be an option.  Supposedly, he has a source of a large amount of tin up
> in Wichita Falls.  I don't have a clue about this.  I've forwarded all the
> trebuchet emails to his hotmail account.  I'm sure he'll jump into the
> discussion as soon as he gets our home computer back up & running.  The
> eprom blew up, and the dumb computer won't go through the bios thingy
> anymore.  In other words, it won't turn on.  It kept wanting to re-partition
> itself.  But that's another story.

I wouldn't use either the lead or the acid either. The acid has lots
of lead in it and the lead has lots of acid in it - and about half the
lead is actually lead oxide anyway.  Muriatic acid (a trade name
for a common grade of sulfuric acid, is about $2.25 a gallon at
any pool store.

Tin???? We been looking for tin!!! Any of it he doesn't want
either I or the group in interested in!  If there is actually enough
to be worth while, I'll be happy to go with him to get it!  It makes
lovely site tokens, among other things.
Polydore