[Loch-ruadh] sca name

housedragonstar housedragonstar at prodigy.net
Tue May 22 08:51:30 PDT 2001

Names, names, names....oh what a joy they are to find...took me about a year
to find doc for my lord's and I never found doc for the name I originally
wanted...oh well.

here are some good starting places on the web...

go to sca.org, then select heraldry.

then Medieval names archives,

it will point you to some good articles on names, time periods, etc.

Also, if you use some of the more detailed search engines (do a search on
"search engines" you will be amazed at the results) you can just start
searching for your name from there.  I found a transcpription of 12 or 13th
century church records with my lord's name listed in them - go figure.

Whatever you find, if you want to register the name, be sure to copy/print
the reference.  If it is a book, then copy the front page with the title and
publishing info and the page it appears on.  Heralds like that sort of
thing.

Good luck!
Medb Liath