[Loch-ruadh] Fw: [SCALibrarians] SCOUT: Periodical Historical Atlas of Europe

D Foreman dougf_1 at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 10 08:15:16 PST 2001

This website is one of the best I've seen so far. The maps seem accurate and he has disclaimers for the parts of the known world that are in dispute or unknown. Very good for SCAdians. The only bad part is that all the place names and people/tribe names are in Latin. The section of Roman battles and emperors are quite thouroughly researched.

I have great interest in Roman involvement in Britain and the Saxon invasion afterwards. As an afterthought, in my opinion, it seems strange that during and after the fall of the Roman Empire (starting about 400ad)  Christianity had a huge hand in pushing known world civilisation into the dark ages.

And finally, that brings me to Arthur. Does anyone have any decent info on the Arthurian legend?

Ossian