[Loch-ruadh] Yule Revel

Jane Sitton jane.sitton at radioshack.com
Tue Nov 13 08:35:30 PST 2001

I certainly have great empathy for not being able to spend anything just
now... we went for 5 years or so unable to renew our membership, as we were
living (I suppose you could call it that.) on a tad less than $600 a month.
That is considerably below the poverty line.

While it would be nice if we could all have identical place settings, the
idea is really just to compliment each other and achieve a sense of unity.
If a table is 8' long, how many can it seat?  4? 6? 8?  A possible four
seats left at my clan's table, and perhaps as many as 6 left at Bice' &
Dana's table... so not as many table clothes and runners will be needed as
there are diners.  How many tables will we need altogether?  A bit of holly
here, a bundle of cinnamon there will go a long way towards cohesiveness on
all tables.

Please do not feel like you don't belong.  The great thing about Loch Ruadh
is immortalized in Padraig's filk: "in Dun Loch Ruadh, should you go there,
a welcome waits beyond compare".  Personally, I can't think of a better way
to say it.  MagD'Leigha, you and yours are always welcome, even with a
Day-Glo plastic cup and a paper plate.  I am honored to break bread with
you, no matter the decorations.  And this is not my party, this is
everyone's.  I was merely throwing out a few ideas.  I like the price
Dunstan quoted even better than MacFrugal's, as a matter of fact.  I am just
happy that after so long, I am finally able to make some sort of plans that
don't include our chipped blue splatter-ware and glass bottomed aluminum
tankards.

Amicalement,
Madelina