[Loch-ruadh] Todaqy in history Nov.17

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Fri Nov 16 21:18:06 PST 2001

St. Hilda's Day
3BC Birth of Jesus of Nazareth, according to Clement of Alexandria.
284 Diocletian saluted as Roman Emperor (approximate date).
331 Birth of Flavius Claudius Julianus (the Apostate), Roman Emperor.
594 Death of St. Gregory of Tours.
1200 Death of St. Hugh of Lincoln.
1231 Death of St. Elizabeth of Thuringia.
1292 John Baliol declared to be rightful King of Scotland.
1303 First use of sea-coal.
1326 Execution of Edmund, Earl of Arundel.
1370 Coronation of Louis I "the Great" ( Poland).
1372 Death of "Sir John de Mandeville," whose real name was Jean de
Bourgogne of Liege, and who was also known as Dr. Jehan de la Barbe.
1503 Birth of Il Bronzino, Florentine painter.
1553 Two written works on Spain's New World conquests banned in Spain.
1556 Ferdinand founds a military council to govern the German possessions of
the Hapsburgs.
1558 Death of Mary I Tudor, "Bloody Mary" (England).
1558 Death of Cardinal Reginald Pole, Archbishop of Canterbury, 12 hours
after the death of Queen Mary of England.
1558 Accession of Elizabeth I as Queen of England.