[Loch-ruadh] Fw: A THANKSGIVING POEM

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Mon Nov 19 15:55:13 PST 2001

Twas the night of Thanksgiving, but I just couldn't sleep.
   I tried counting backwards, I tried counting sheep.

  The leftovers beckoned - the dark meat and white,

  But I fought the temptation with all of my might.

  Tossing and turning with anticipation, the thought of a snack became  infatuation.

   So, I raced to the kitchen, flung open the door And gazed at the fridge,  full of goodies galore.

  I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes, Pickles and carrots, beans  and tomatoes.

  I felt myself swelling so plump and so round, till all of a sudden, I  rose off the ground.

  I crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky.

  With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.

  But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees...

   "Happy eating to all - Pass the cranberries, please!"

  May your stuffing be tasty, May your turkey be plump,

  May your potatoes 'n gravy have nary a lump,

  May your yams be delicious, may your pies take the prize,

  May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.

   May your Thanksgiving be blessed !!