[Loch-ruadh] 3-kings fiasco

Chris Harper bice.pietro at home.com
Sun Nov 11 00:40:10 PST 2001

As a long time gate worker, who has even refused entrance to minors without
the proper paper work; Please allow me to insert a few words.

At 06:06 PM 11/10/01 -0800, you wrote:

>I hate to be the wet blanket on this duscussion but on the web page it does
>say  very plainly that pets must have vaccination paperwork. The autocrats
>did supply the information.
>

>http://www.elfsea.org/3kings/

This information is on each SCA ad about 99% of the time and it should be
100% of the time.

>This is not just a Canton (as in the town) rule but throughout all of the
>SCA. (just a minor piece of trivia, techincaly to cross over county lines in
>Texas from where you pet was vaccinated in you have to have paper copies of
>the vaccinations as well. If you are pulled over, or are at a public site
>and an officer requests you have to be able to produce the vaccination
>paperwork.)

This applies to most animals.  Horses have to have a Coggins ( spelled
something like that ) test result paper to get in the gate.  If it has fur,
I believe it requires a rabies certificate.  I think the only thing that
gets in without papers, are feathered friends. And an awful lot of them are
banded anyway.

>MagD'Leigha
>Human companion to George the Tourney Dog

>  I had no idea as well. I feel this
>was overtly unfair. I also have a dog that I've brought to events. I'll
>remember as well.
>
>*running out to get certification records for my dog and children as well*

   Ossian

When you get your animal a rabies vaccination, I believe the law requires
that they give you a paper certificate because metal tags can be changed
from animal to animal.  The tags only show a number and the vets name and
phone number usually.  The certificate makes an attempt to describe the
breed and looks of the animal as well.

>Fiona and I arrived at 3 Kings Troll at about 8:40 am.  We had brought
>"Luther of the Long Tongue" (the dog) with us - having nowhere else to keep
>him.  We were told by the trolls that his current vaccination tags weren't
>good enough.  We absolutley had to have a piece of paper stating that he had
>had his shots.
>

>Alaric and Fiona

I am sorry you all and Luther missed the event as well,  They even had
'coursing' for the dogs.
Please try again, especially at this site; it is a great one for
animals.  They have so much room for all the things they need to do and
places for them to play with their people.

Bicé ( who has been at it so long, I am beginning to look somewhat like a
troll )