[Loch-ruadh] Yule Revel

Chris Harper bice.pietro at home.com
Mon Nov 12 11:33:49 PST 2001

At 01:09 PM 11/12/01 -0600, you wrote:

>Dumb question on my part, what's a charger? (I said it was a dumb question)

A charger is a big heavy plate, usually about 11 inches, that your other
plates sit on.  Some are even bigger than that.  When you are served by a
server, the charger gives them something to sit the other plates on so you
don't have cold salad plates sweating on your table covering and it makes
more insulation between hot plates and fine wood table tops.  I personally
think they are great because they act as sideboards and keep my spills and
occasional skiddish piece of meat off the table. <G>

Bicé