[Loch-ruadh] Today in history Oct 14

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Sat Oct 13 22:10:34 PDT 2001

1066 HASTINGS (defeat, and death, of Harold (England) by William of
Normandy).
1307 William de Nogaret reads the Mandate of Maubuisson against the Templars
to the leading members of the University of Paris.
1322 Victory of Robert I, "the Bruce" (Scotland) in Yorkshire.
1415 The French army leaves Rouen, France.
1495 A statute is enacted in England regulating the content of feather-bed
stuffing.
1536 Garcilaso de la Vega, Spanish poet, dies.
1549 The Duke of Somerset, the Lord-Protector of England is sent to the
Tower.
1586 Mary, Queen of Scots goes on trial for conspiracy against Elizabeth I
of England.
1600 Death of Luis de Molina, theologian.