[Loch-ruadh] Today in history Oct 24

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Tue Oct 23 20:09:38 PDT 2001

439 Carthage falls to Genseric & the Vandals.
996 Death of Hugh Capet ( France).
http://www.hyperhistory.com/online_n2/people_n2/ppersons4_n2/hughcapet.html
1147 Capture of Lisbon from the Moors by Alfonso I ( Portugal).
1273 Coronation of Rudolph I ( Germany).
1375 Death of Valdemar III ( Denmark).
1380 John Worde of York and Richard Lynham of Somerset arrested for
imposture and fraud in begging.
1415 Scouts of the army of Henry V (England) report the close presence of
the army of France.
1428 Death of the Earl of Salisbury, at Orleans, from cannon-shot.
1524 French invade Italy.
1531 Bavaria joins the Schmalkaldic League.
http://www.bartleby.com/65/sc/SchmlkLg.html
1537 Death of Jane Seymour, 3rd wife of Henry VIII (England).
1579 Death of Albert V, "the Magnanimous," Duke of Bavaria.
1587 Henry of Guise forces the retreat of Swiss and German reinforcements.
1596 KERESTES: Turks defeat Austrians; battle ends 26 Oct. 1596.