[Loch-ruadh] A & S Stuff

Dohmnall O'Ruairc MoASLochRuadh at prodigy.net
Sun Oct 28 22:00:40 PST 2001

Just a few things to put out.

On the 17th of November, we have now place on the calendar a fabric
expedition to the Dallas Fabric District. This would be a great time for
those thinking about new garb for Yule Revel to get what they need. Also it
would be a good time to get some fabric together for the Canton's table
settings for future feasts, and of course for those you who just need more
fabric even though you could start your own fabric store. :) If I understand
correctly last time one of these were organized after shopping, those who
went, stopped at a nearby Chinese restaurant for lunch after.

On the 24th of November, which is the Saturday after Thanksgiving, there
will be a chainmail class being run by Bear, who will be up visiting and who
has graciously consented to teach another class for all interested. I have
conversed via email with him, and while he does have some tools for all to
use, a recommended list of tools to bring are 2 pairs of needle nosed pliers
(no teeth), wire cutters, and whatever kind of wire you want to use. This
class will be held at Polydore's. He has graciously allowed us to hold this
out there. Also I believe there will be some additional room for some other
workshops the same day. We can discuss this more at populace to see what
everyone would like to do.

Lady Medb Liath has offered to host a Scribal night at her place on the
first Monday in November, which is the 5th. This is also the same night that
the College of Three Bridges is hosting a Illumination night. If anyone is
interested in going to either function please let me know and I will forward
you the necessary information.

And finally, those who have not yet replied in regard to the A & S survey
that was sent out a while back, Please take a few minutes to fill it out if
you still have it, or email me and I will be happy to send you another copy,
and return it to me. As of the current time, I have received 8 replies. I
know it sounds like I am a broken record about this, but it is a little hard
to find out what talents lie within our group, and what kinds of classes or
projects you want to learn/do without this information.

Dohmnall Dubh O'Ruairc