[Loch-ruadh] Today in history Sept. 7

STEVE K ROURKE SROURKE at prodigy.net
Thu Sep 6 22:44:13 PDT 2001

Horus's Birthday (Ancient Egypt).
871 Black Zanji (Kharijite) rebels capture and sack Basrah.
1151 Death of Geoffrey Plantagenet, Count of Anjou.
1191 ARSOUF (Richard I of England defeats Saladin).
1191 STRYMON (William II of Sicily defeated by Byzantines).
1295 Angels move the home of Mary and Joseph to Loretto, Italy.
1298 CURZOLA (Genoa defeats Venice).
1298 Death of Dandolo, Venetian Admiral, at Curzola.
1298 Marco Polo captured by Genoese, at Curzola.
1303 Pope Boniface VIII seized by agents of Phillip, "the Fair" ( France)
1312 Death of Ferdinand IV ( Castile).
http://www.bartleby.com/65/fe/FerdiSp.html
1496 Death of Ferdinand II, King of Naples.
1493 Death of Frederick IV, Holy Roman Emperor.
1497 Perkin Warbeck lands at Sennen, Cornwall.
http://www.thehistorynet.com/BritishHeritage/articles/0393_text.htm
1502 Amerigo Vespucci returns to Lisbon, Portugal.
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15384b.htm
1533 Birth of Queen Elizabeth I ( England).
1548 Death of Catherine Parr, widow of Henry VIII ( England).
1571 LEPANTO (Europeans defeat Turks).
1574 Death of Pedro Menendez de Aviles, founder of St. Augustine, Florida.
1581 Fr. Juan de Santa Maria leaves the Rodrigues-Chamuscado foray.
1598 Dedication of the Church of San Juan Baustisa, New Mexico