[Loch-ruadh] Attack

Padraig O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.com
Wed Sep 12 09:22:13 PDT 2001

Dunstan wrote:

>I am exceedingly thankful that Annabelle's husband was not around the crash
>site.  Also, I am sure Sean's son Scott will be fine and add his expertise to
>the military presence needed so badly at this time.  I will pray that both
>remain out of harm's way as they continue their efforts to help our countrymen.
>
>If I may vent to my friends here.   As many of you know, I am a career Fire
>Fighter. While not trying to diminish the MASSIVE loss of life in this tragedy,
>hundreds of my Brother and Sister Fire Fighters perished doing their jobs. I
>feel I have somehow lost part of my family, even though I am not related to
>these brave Men and Women. The Fire Service is not unlike a family, we all feel
>a close connection with each other, despite geography.  Please join me in
>mourning my lost Comrades, as well as all the lost Police Officers, Medics, the
>lost citizens, workers, passengers, and flight crews, all innocent victims.
>
>We MUST remain calm and focused.   We must pull together and aid each other in
>this time of tragedy.  Fly an American Flag.  Try and conduct  your life as
>normally as possible.  We have been dealt a terrific blow but we WILL remain
>strong. We WILL remain resolute!
>
>Thanks for listening to  me, my dear friends!
>
>Dunstan   a.k.a. James

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.  - John 15:13

I mourn the loss of each life taken in this horrific act of war, and all the more those who died trying to save others.  May God receive their souls, and may He comfort all those who lost someone to these senseless acts of violence.  May He give us strength and guidance as individuals and as a nation, so that we may deal with this and emerge not only healed but stronger than before.

Dunstan has written good words, and I agree with him.  Let us unite and face this thing as Americans, and show the world that no terrorists, no matter how heinous the act they perpetrate on us, can make us bow in fear.  God bless America.